With many of our pupils learning from home, we may not know exactly when we will all be back together at Wold but what we do know is that our pupils can continue to learn at home and make progress!
Each week, like in the previous lock-down, staff will contact you to check that everything is going well and to see if there is anything else, we can do to help. During this call, we will ask to speak to your child to catch up with them and give them feedback on their learning. Furthermore, they will be available through Google Classroom marking the children's work and answering questions.
Our expectations for learning from home are set out in the document 'Home Learning Expectations' which can be found at the bottom of this page.
If children are self-isolating, there is an expectation that children will still complete work daily following the timetable of their class and return ALL work through Google Classroom or by uploading photographs to Class Dojo, so that the teacher can give feedback about areas for improvement as well as praise!
If the year group bubble must close, there is an expectation that children will move to remote learning and continue to follow their learning journey at home and their timetable. The school will support you with this.
You can find out more about our online learning offer in our 'Remote Learning Provision' policy, found in the documents section of this page.
We will continue to improve our online provision at any opportunity, therefore if you have any feedback, please let us know via MCAS/Tapestry/Class Dojo or on the next GoogleForm.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please remember that we are still here to help with wellbeing – both that of your child and of your own. We have lots of provision available including:
- Weekly nurture packs which can be collected or delivered
- Telephone nurture sessions with Mrs Riley
- Parent, child or family therapy sessions with our school play therapist, Mrs Williams
- Weekly PSHE lessons for pupils to discuss feelings and emotions
- Our firstname.lastname@example.org email, where you can let us know if you need help or support
- Support leaflet for pupils - this can be found in the documents section of this page
- Support leaflet for families detailing services which can be referred into - this can be found in the documents section of this page
Please do get in touch if you would like any support.
Each week, you can access the whole school assembly both on our school website as well as on each Google Classroom and Tapestry. Please do watch these assemblies to catch up on the fantastic progress being made by our pupils at Wold Academy.
Each year group also has a live assembly per week. This is a great time for the pupils to get together, connect, reflect on the fantastic learning that has happened and prepare for the week ahead. Please encourage your child to join their year group assembly each week.
- E Safety Feb 2021
- Home Learning Expectations
- Remote Learning newsletter Week 4
- Remote Learning newsletter Week 5
- Remote Learning Week 6
- Remote Learning Week 7
- Remote Learning Week 8
- Return support for parents
- Support for wellbeing children
- Support services available for families
- Wold Catch up premium spending April update
- Wold Remote Learning Provision